Banja Luka College
Accredited, higher education institution of academic studies
A modern studio
For distance learning, BLC uses Microsoft Teams, a tool that is part of the Office 365 package, which every student can install for free when enrolling at BLC, and provides a unique way of communication and work for teachers and students. In this way, we have secured virtual classrooms, in which we teach face-to-face, and within the subjects, which students take according to the usual schedule of classes, certain tasks are assigned, exercises are done, interactive communication takes place and students have the possibility of daily consultations. with professors.
Combining different study methods enables better adaptation to the wishes and abilities of students and enables the acquisition of a wide range of competencies for the most successful building of a business career. The relations between the lecturers, students and management of BLC are at such a level that it provides a space of harmony, trust and faith that such connection is the foundation of a successful present and future.
BLC through the ERASMUS+ program enables students to study and practice at partner higher education institutions in different countries. In this way, BLC students open new horizons, learn other languages, get to know different cultures and customs, and prepare for the international labor market and training in different fields.
Accredited and licensed study
Banja Luka College is an accredited, higher education institution of academic studies, which offers advanced knowledge, which enables a competitive advantage on the market, both in BiH and abroad. Banja Luka College is the first higher education institution in Bosnia and Herzegovina that received the Accreditation Decision from the Agency for Accreditation of Higher Education Institutions of the Republic of Srpska.
Each student is given the opportunity to acquire knowledge in areas that enable him to work in a dynamic business environment, and the goal is for graduates to possess: expertise, independence, commitment, quality and self-awareness. The study includes (classical and virtual) lectures, consultations, professional excursions, student meetings, student practice and student exchange.
Modern knowledge for the digital age
The vision of BLC , in the domain of quality assurance, is a modern, respectable higher education institution and a leader in the field of business economics, public administration, management, media and communications, with an active partnership between teachers and students, an optimal combination of modern forms of teaching with the help of information and communication technology, adapted to the characteristics and needs of each student.
- The outcomes of the educational process are aligned with the needs of society.
- The educational process is connected with scientific and research work and the economy through active involvement in scientific and technological projects and active cooperation with other educational institutions, institutes and experts from practice, with involvement in the European Research Area.
- It contributes to the mobility of teachers, associates and students. The expression of talents, skills and entrepreneurial energy of students and teachers is encouraged, and the acquired knowledge and skills are the basis for lifelong education and independent learning.
- Fast and efficient "flow" of new ideas is ensured.
- Targeted equipped own cabinets in accordance with the defined own scientific recognition.
- A strong alumni organization has been developed which enables the permanent connection of our graduates with BLC.
The mission of BLC is determined by the need to achieve high academic standards in the field of business economics, management, public administration, media and communications, in accordance with the needs and development strategy of society.
The mission, with full social responsibility, is achieved through high-quality teaching, extracurricular, scientific research and development processes, training of high-quality experts in accordance with European standards, through constant professional development of teaching staff, continuous development of the most appropriate educational models, as well as meeting the goals of students and employees , the academic community and all other interested parties.
- It encourages and develops scientific research work, lifelong learning, exchange of experiences and achievements with other scientific educational institutions in the region and the EU.
- It supports and assists the intellectual, cultural, and artistic development of the community and contributes to the educational, economic, and social progress of the community and the region.
- It permanently adopts and applies new scientific disciplines, expands the field of educational technologies, in accordance with the European and world education system.
- It promotes and rewards the best results of students and teachers and examples of best practices that contribute to the realization of the vision and organizational goals.
- Develops abilities for teamwork, verbal and text communication and efficiency in working with clients, users and colleagues.
Study program models
The student can, according to his choice, enroll in a three-year study (valued at 180 ECTS points) or a four-year study of the first cycle (valued at 240 ECTS points). A student who has enrolled in a three-year course can switch to a four-year course and thus study one year longer. A student who has completed a three-year study can continue his studies by enrolling in the fourth year of study in the same or another study program.
Choice of study program and direction
The student chooses a study program in the first year of study, and the direction (study area) within the study program, he chooses during the first or second year of study. The majors are formulated according to the legally prescribed classification of activities and are formed depending on the interest of students to be educated to perform work in a certain activity.
Transfer to another study program or major
A student can switch from one major (field of study) to another major (field of study) in the same study program. A student can transfer from one study program to another study program.
Acquiring an academic title
Completion of studies leads to the acquisition of an academic title provided for by law and other legal regulations, which enables employment or continuation of studies in the second cycle (master's study).
Ability to work professionally and enter the world of work
Students are educated so that they can practically perform highly specialized work in the profession after completing their studies, which is the function of the first cycle studies.
Participation in private-public partnership
Cooperation with public and private higher education institutions in order to meet public needs encourages the exchange of teaching and scientific personnel and the rational use of equipment, the effective realization of the goals and principles of higher education.
Additional information for prospective students
An information sheet for future students with additional information on the organization of studies, study programs and courses, student organization, academic titles that are obtained upon completion of studies and other broader information that is not given in the printed version, is published on the website www.blc.edu.ba.
The organization and values of studies and study programs correspond to the goals of higher education, the principles of the BOLOGNA PROCESS and the provisions of the Law on Higher Education:
Courses are one-semester and carry a certain number of credits according to the European Credit Transfer System (hereinafter referred to as ECTS). The semester carries 30 ECTS points, the academic year 60 ECTS points. At the end of the four-year study, the student writes and defends a graduation thesis. The diploma (final) thesis carries 10 ECTS points.
The study of the first cycle lasts three and four school years. After completing the first cycle, the student can continue postgraduate studies (second cycle).
The teaching structure consists of compulsory one-semester courses, optional one-semester courses (on the study program and on the major), exercises (practicums, workshops, round tables, presentations, practical work).
The lists of elective subjects determined by the Senate at the beginning of the semester are: the list of elective subjects in the study program and the list of elective subjects in the major (narrower professional area). During the first and second year of study, the student chooses elective courses from the list for the study program, and from the fifth to the final semester of study, he chooses elective courses from the list for a specific major.
Education during studies allows students to use information and communication technology located in two information cabinets (continuous access to the Internet), an amphitheater with equipment for recording lectures and audio-video projection, a multimedia center, a graphic studio, seminar rooms, an electronic library, information desks,... Broadcasting the BLC RADIO program on the Internet in combination with existing distance learning opens up new opportunities for communication and interaction between students and teachers.
The possibility of transferring a student (passability) during the course of the studies and after the completion of the studies, from one course to another within the study program and from one study program to another study program is provided . After completing studies in one major, a student can enroll in the final year of studies in another major in the same or another study program and thus obtain an academic title in that other study program or major, motivated by professional needs at the employer or in the labor market.
Regular monitoring and evaluation of study quality by the Senate, the Study Program Council and the Student Parliament. In this way, the successful implementation of study programs and the joint work of teachers and students is achieved as part of the accreditation process for higher education institutions.
Learning foreign languages, as a mandatory standard, enables students to use foreign literature, international communication, study trips and work engagement with foreigners.
By choosing a course of study (elective courses), students choose a narrower professional field, as an advantage in shaping professional development and adapting to trends in the labor market.
Students learn to solve problems in their future professional work through a significant part of the teaching process, which is carried out through forms of professional and practical work in specialized offices and through practice in companies and other organizations.
The Bologna process
Students are the subjects of the educational process. Based on the above-mentioned approach, BLC prepared the curriculum and organization of the teaching process in which students are at the center of the educational process. They have opportunities to express their active relationship through:
- direct contact with teachers and colleagues,
- an interactive relationship in which students individually and as a team participate in classes as equal actors,
- permanent learning of foreign languages,
- work on computers,
- work in small groups,
- practical verification of acquired knowledge and the possibility of taking tests regularly during classes,
- exam as a final knowledge check,
- significant participation of professional associates in the teaching process,
- regular evaluation by students of the teaching work of teachers and associates, as well as the functioning of all BLC services.
BLC thus already in this phase of its work joined other educational institutions in Europe, which gives students the possibility of mobility towards one of the European studies . At the same time, the study is based on the use of previous experience, the social circumstances and actual living conditions of the student are taken into account.
The teachers and associates employed at BLC undoubtedly represent the most famous names in their field.
- All courses are one-semester and students take final exams at the end of the semester.
- Each subject has a certain number of credits (points), so that in each semester there are a total of 30 points, and in the school year 60 points.
- Students undergo practical - IT education at the beginning of their studies in order to be able to use computers and the Internet for the needs of their studies,
- Students take an extensive English language course in the first year of study in order to be able to use foreign literature in their studies,
- A large number of optional teaching subjects and other optional teaching forms enable students to, with the mentoring work of teachers and associates, autonomously create their narrower professional specialization,
- A significant part of the teaching process is carried out through professional and practical student work and workshops where students are taught to solve problems.